Thursday, April 14, 2011

So many books, so little time...

Suzanne Collins, Elizabeth George, Stephen King, Sandra Brown, James Lee Burke, Ann Rule, Jeanette Walls, Katherine Stockett, Pat Conroy, Garth Stein, Kristin Hannah, Jodi Piccoult, Sara Paretsky, Larry McMurtry, Karen Marie Moning, Susan Beth Pfeiffer, Charlaine Harris, John D. MacDonald and Sue Grafton.

What do these authors have in common? They've all written books I love. Less than a month ago, I wrote my first fan letter ever to one of them and, incredibly, got a reply. Why is this significant? Because, my lovelies, if you can figure out who it was, you could win a prize: your choice between a $10 iTunes download or a box of the delicious fruit/nut confectionary from my home state of Washington. Here's your one and only clue: the author writes a series that takes place in the south. In case there's more than one correct response, I'll throw the names in a hat and do a blind draw.

So, what genre do you love? Hot and heavy? Inspirational? Oprah books? Chick lit? Hen lit? Paranormal? Memoirs? Or, maybe, like me, you love 'em all. Be sure to check in and leave a comment, even if it's "Hey, has anybody read (insert title here)?

Welcome to book blather... and happy reading!

Marilee

3 comments:

  1. Blog looks great, Marilee. Congratulations for all your hard work. We have the same tastes in books for sure - every single one of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sue, I'm so glad you're part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. charlain harris and wow that would be so cool to get a reply from her!

    ReplyDelete