Saturday, November 5, 2011

Sneak Peek at Shadow Moon





I know, I said the purpose of this blog was not to promote my own books but I'm so excited about the impending release of Shadow Moon, I hope you'll forgive me. I'll try not to make a habit of it.


Shadow Moon, book four in the Unbidden Magic series, will soon be available, first as a Kindle download, followed shortly by the print version. I confess I've found it difficult to provide an excerpt that doesn't include a spoiler. Since the front cover says, "Junior's back," I decided to use his homecoming scene. If you're a fan of Junior Martinez, this one's for you! Here's the link:http://www.marileebrothers.com/shadow-moon.html


As an added bonus, here's a decadent recipe from Chef Jean Denham.




Caribbean Fudge Pie

I found this chocolaty decadent recipe on an old Kraft card the company used to send out periodically in the 90s – have been making it ever since. For an over-the-top dessert, add a scoop of ice cream – coffee ice cream is delicious – to each serving.



8 squares Baker's Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate -- (1 pkg.)
1 unbaked 9-inch pastry shell (make or just buy Pillsbury pie crust)
1 teaspoon rum extract or vanilla
1/4 cup flour
3 eggs
1 cup chopped walnuts
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter -- (1/2 stick) room temp.
2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
1/2 cup walnut halves

Heat oven to 375 F.
Microwave chocolate in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 minutes or until almost melted, stirring halfway thru heating time. Remove and stir until completely melted Set aside.

Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.

Add chocolate, coffee and rum extract; mix well. Stir in flour and chopped walnuts. Pour into pastry shell. Decorate top of pie with walnut halves.

Bake in lower third of oven 25 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to serve. Top with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.

From Kraft Recipe card - early 90s.

2 comments:

  1. Oh! This is my kind of recipe - all printed out and got the shopping list ready :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! And you can - and should - promote your books. Bring 'em on!

    ReplyDelete