Friday, June 1, 2012

My Vampire Rant


I have a severe vamp cramp. Granted, many of you adore the critters and who am I to argue with success? Call me crazy. Call me out of step. But, look below. That's how I remember vampires.
                                                    
Creepy, right? Okay, I admit, that was years before Edward Cullen arrived on the scene. Edward’s a good-looking guy. He’s kind (kills animals, not people, for sustenance). He loves and protects Bella. He has high moral standards (vampire-wise). Bella begs him to bite her, turn her into a vampire so they can spend eternity together. Gentleman that he is, he resists as long as possible. So what’s not to like about Edward, other than the blood-sucking bit? Not much. As vampires go, Edward’s pretty cool.
                                                                                                              
I don’t have a problem with the Twilight series. To each his/her own. No, my problem is what the Twilight series spawned. Vampire books by the bazillions. Sexy vampires. Baby vampires. Vampire/werewolf mongrels. Vampire/demon hybrids. Funny vampires. Sad vampires. Vampire couples. And just when I thought I was out of the woods, the vampire hunters made an appearance.

What’s next? Fifty Shades of Vampires? The Vampire Hunger Games? Vampire Heaven is For Real? Diary of a Wimpy Blood-Sucking Kid?    
  
Screech! 
   
Okay, all better now. My rant is officially over. What about you? Is there a genre you’d like to see fade into the sunset? If so, leave a comment. Inquiring minds want to know.

                              

No comments:

Post a Comment